As leaves start to fall from the trees and the weather gets colder, the filmmaking magic continues at Warner Bros. Studio Tour London – The Making of Harry Potter, with the attraction remaining open seven days a week.
1. September, the first month of the season, marks Harry’s return to Hogwarts. In the films, students catch the train to Hogwarts each year on the first of September and, at the Studio Tour, you can follow in their footsteps by stepping onto Platform 9 ¾, which features the original locomotive from the film series. In Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Harry and Ron use Mr Weasley’s flying Ford Anglia as an alternative means of getting to school and, in the attraction’s backlot, you can sit inside one of the original cars used during production.
2. This autumn, the Studio Tour is inviting visitors to delve into the Dark Arts with a special half-term feature from Friday 16th October – Sunday 1st November. For two weeks only, you’ll be able to try your duelling techniques against a Death Eater and see a section of the Great Hall dressed for a Hallowe’en feast, with red apples, pumpkins and cauldrons of lollipops.
3. Harry’s notoriety begins in October as he survives Lord Voldemort’s attack on Hallowe’en. You can pay a visit to the authentic Potters' Cottage set from Godric's Hollow (the setting for this defining moment for the wizarding world) as well as knock on the front door of number four, Privet Drive. Home to Harry’s relatives, the Dursleys, this set was recreated in the later films after being shot on location in Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone and Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.
4. In the attraction’s Studio Shop, you can stock up on a range of seasonal supplies including replica house scarves, hats and gloves as well as cosy jumpers from the same Scottish mill that made them for the cast during production (many items are also available from the attraction’s online shop).
5. Butterbeer ice-cream launched at the Studio Tour this summer and the great news is that, as a permanent offering, it’ll be available throughout autumn too! Why not enjoy a cup or cone in the backlot café during your visit?