In light of new government guidelines, Warner Bros. Studio Tour London – The Making of Harry Potter is temporarily closed and will reopen on 3rd December.
For the most up to date information, view our updates page.
The safety of our visitors and colleagues is our number one priority. To help keep everyone safe, we’ve implemented a number of measures and changes to the Studio Tour experience. The updates are designed to prioritise social distancing and enhanced cleaning.
Maximum Group Size Information
With the intention of complying with new UK laws which come into effect on 14th September, the maximum number of people that can experience the Tour as a group will be limited to six (including carers and children of any age).
To enable our team to effectively monitor social distancing and compliance with the law within the Tour, this limit on the size of any group visiting the Tour also applies to members of the same family, household or support bubble.
There are no exceptions to the maximum group size of six within the Tour.
If you have already booked tickets and have more than six people in your group, you may still visit the Tour if you are able to split your group into smaller groups of not more than 6 people who can socially distance from other groups while in the Tour. If you are unable to do this, we will be happy to refund your booking.
School groups will be able to visit the Tour providing students and teachers are split into separate groups of a maximum size of six people, including one adult. If you have already made a secondary school booking please contact our Visitor Services team on 0800 640 4550 who will provide additional free teacher tickets to enable a 5:1 ratio of students to teachers.
The maximum number of people that can be seated together at one of our restaurant tables will also be limited to a total of six. All tables within our restaurants continue to be socially distanced.
Things to Know Before You Arrive
Cards Not Cash
What other safety measures are in place?
- When visiting the Studio Tour, visitors aged 11 and up are required to wear a face covering during their visit, unless exempt. This can be removed when seated in one of our cafés.
- Visitors aged eight and up are encouraged to wear a face covering.
- All face coverings must cover the nose and mouth and fit securely around the side of the face. A face visor or shield is not a suitable face covering to gain entry to the Studio Tour.
- If you or any member of your party feel unwell, please do not visit. We can rebook your tickets for another day, subject to availability.
Social Distancing & Limited Contact
- To limit physical contact, the cloakroom and left luggage facilities will be unavailable.
- Our toilet facilities will be open with additional hygiene measures in place.
- From arrival at the Studio Tour, you will notice additional signage and floor markings to promote social distancing. Please follow these markings to allow all visitors to navigate the Studio Tour safely. The Studio Tour will operate as a one-way system.
- To maintain social distancing, the Hogwarts Express train carriage will be closed.
- To further limit contact, the Studio Tour’s shops and cafés will only accept cashless or contactless payment options such as credit and debit cards or mobile payments.
Enhanced Cleaning & Safety Precautions
- Enhanced cleaning of the Studio Tour will take place throughout the day focusing on touch-points such as door handles and barriers.
- Hand sanitiser stations will be positioned throughout the Studio Tour. We kindly ask that visitors uphold the highest hygiene standards through regular hand washing and use of hand sanitiser.
- Hygiene screens have been installed within our Studio Tour cafés and shops.
Studio Tour Cafés
- The Studio Tour’s Hub Cafés, Food Hall and Backlot Café will be open with a reduced hot food dine-in menu and limited grab & go options.
- Seating in the Studio Tour’s cafés will be spaced to allow for social distancing. We ask that all visitors use cashless payment options.
Travel & Public Transport
- The shuttle bus service is operating with a reduced capacity to allow for social distancing. Enhanced cleaning will take place throughout the day, we encourage visitors to use the hand sanitiser provided when boarding and practice social distancing at the bus stops. All visitors are asked to use cashless payment methods. Cash will not be accepted.
- Cars will be parked to allow for social distancing, please follow the directions of our Car Parking Team upon arrival.
- Please arrive no more than 20 minutes before your allocated time slot. We will not be able to accommodate early arrivals.
- Upon arrival at the Studio Tour, all visitors including children will be temperature checked using a contactless thermometer arch as a condition of entry. Any visitors registering an elevated temperature (38 degrees or above) and their party will, as a precaution, be refused entry to the Studio Tour to ensure the safety of our visitors and colleagues. In this situation your booking will be refunded or rescheduled, however we will not reimburse any other expenses.
- We recommend checking your temperature before leaving home as an extra precaution and ask you not to travel to the Studio Tour if you or anyone in your party feel unwell. If you are unable to travel, please email us at [email protected] and we’ll look to reschedule your visit, subject to availability.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is the Studio Tour still open following the change in Tier Level for London?
The current change to the London Tier Level does not affect Warner Bros. Studio Tour London. We are continuing to operate with our safety measures in place.
Can I still visit the Studio Tour if I am visiting from a 3 Tier area?
If you are in a Level 3 Tier area, please follow government COVID-19 secure guidelines regarding travel. We are happy to refund or rebook your ticket for another day subject to availability. Please contact our Visitor Services team.
I have tickets but am unable to attend due to a local lockdown or having to self-isolate, can I get a refund?
Will there be less people allowed into the Studio Tour?
How will you enforce social distancing?
In addition to reduced capacity, during your visit, you will notice new directional signage and floor markings to help allow all visitors to navigate the Studio Tour experience.
What is considered an appropriate face covering?
All visitors, aged 11 and up, will be required to wear a face covering while visiting the Studio Tour. All face coverings must cover the nose and mouth and fit securely around the side of the face. A face visor or shield is not a suitable face covering to gain entry to the Studio Tour. Face coverings can be removed while seated in one of our cafés.
I have tickets for later in the year but we’re not able to travel internationally. Can I get a refund?
Have you been Visit England Good to Go accredited?
Will the shuttle bus be running? And will it be as frequent as before?
The shuttle bus service is operating with a reduced capacity to allow for social distancing. Enhanced cleaning will take place throughout the day, we encourage visitors to use the hand sanitiser provided when boarding and practice social distancing at the bus stops. All visitors are asked to use cashless payment methods. Cash will not be accepted. Read more about the frequency and safety measures.
Can I visit as part of a large group?
To maintain social distancing, we are limiting group bookings to six people maximum.
Will A Celebration of Slytherin be extended?
Yes, we will open with our Celebration of Slytherin feature which has been extended to run until 12th November.
Will there still be a Dark Arts feature?
We have decided to extend our Celebration of Slytherin feature instead of running Dark Arts this year to allow more time for visitors to experience this feature for the first time.
Will there still be a Hogwarts in the Snow feature?
Yes, we will run our annual Hogwarts in the Snow feature from 14th November – 17th January 2021. The Great Hall will be dressed in the iconic gold decoration from Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone as well as snow on the Hogwarts model.
Will all parts of the Studio Tour be open?
All the Studio Tour sets will be open to view as normal, including the brand new Slytherin common room! Due to social distancing, it won’t be possible to step inside the Hogwarts Express train carriage.
Will the green screen photo opportunities be open?
Our green screen photo opportunities will be open. Social distancing will be maintained throughout and additional cleaning will take place regularly. You will no longer be able to borrow a Hogwarts robe to wear in the photos.
Will Digital Guides still be available?
Yes, our digital guides will still be available to use. Each handset will be thoroughly cleaned between uses. You are welcome to bring your own headphones, if you would prefer.
Will the Studio Tour cafés be open?
The Studio Tour’s Hub Cafés, Food Hall and Backlot Café will be open with a reduced hot food dine-in menu and limited grab & go options. We ask that all visitors use cashless payment options..
Will you be taking contact details?
In support of the NHS Test and Trace program, we’ll be asking for the contact details of any visitors using one of our cafes. In line with guidance issued by the government, your details will be kept for 21 days. We will only share them with NHS Test and Trace, if asked, in the event of a fellow visitor testing positive for coronavirus.
Can I still get Butterbeer?
Yes, Butterbeer will still be served in our Backlot Café.
Will the Studio Tour shops be open?
Yes, our Studio Tour shops will be open. We ask that you maintain social distancing and use cashless payment methods. Cash will not be accepted in any of the Studio Tour shops or cafés. To help limit physical contact, our changing room facilities will be closed.
Can I pay with cash at the Studio Tour?
We ask that visitors use contactless payment options in all of the Studio Tour’s cafés and shops. Cash will not be accepted.
Can I purchase a face covering at the Studio Tour?
Face coverings will be available to purchase at the Studio Tour.
Will wheelchairs/stools be available to use for those with additional needs? How will they be sanitised?
Yes, wheelchairs and stools will still be available for those visitors with additional needs. They will be thoroughly cleaned between each use and stored securely.
I am exempt from wearing a face covering, can I still visit the Studio Tour?
Yes, only visitors without exemptions will be required to wear a face covering during their visit.
Is my booking still valid?
If you had an existing booking to visit the Studio Tour after 20th August this is still valid.
Can I shop before and after my tour?
The Studio Shop is available to access after your Studio Tour. Due to the one-way system in place, it is currently not possible to visit the shop before your allocated time slot.