Last updated 10th November
The safety of our visitors and colleagues is our number one priority. To help keep everyone safe, we’ve implemented a number of measures and changes to the Studio Tour experience.
We’re looking forward to welcoming you back into the Wizarding World for a magical day out. Here’s everything you need to know before visiting.
Tickets available until 31st December 2022
Things to Know Before You Arrive
Register Your Details
What other safety measures are in place?
- All visitors aged 11 and up are required to wear a face covering during their visit, unless exempt. This is a condition of entry for the benefit of staff and visitors who may not yet have had the opportunity to receive a Covid-19 vaccination.
- Visitors aged eight and up are encouraged to wear a face covering.
- All face coverings must cover the nose and mouth and fit securely around the side of the face. A face visor or shield is not a suitable face covering to gain entry to the Studio Tour.
- If you are exempt from wearing a mask, we ask that you wear a visible exemption badge or an alternative such as a sunflower or exemption lanyard at all times. Exemption badges are available for free from our Information Desk. This will help our team to recognise those with an exemption, to avoid our staff approaching you during your time with us.
- Visitors may remove face coverings while outside in the Studio Tour’s Backlot or while taking part in our green screen photo experiences.
Travel & Public Transport
- The shuttle bus service will be operating as normal throughout the day. Enhanced cleaning will take place regularly and we encourage visitors to use the hand sanitiser provided when boarding. All visitors are asked to use cashless payment methods.
- We recommend you arrive 20 minutes prior to your timeslot. If you wish to eat in our Food Hall or Potions café beforehand, please arrive no more than one hour early. We will not be able to accommodate early arrivals.
- Cashless payments are encouraged where possible, if you wish to pay by cash an alternative solution will be available.
Enhanced Safety Precautions
- If you or any member of your party feel unwell, please do not visit. We can rebook your tickets for another day, subject to availability.
- All visitors are encouraged to register their details when visiting the Studio Tour using the NHS Covid-19 App.
- Enhanced cleaning of the Studio Tour will take place throughout the day focusing on touch-points such as door handles and barriers.
- Hand sanitiser stations will be positioned throughout the Studio Tour. We kindly ask that visitors uphold the highest hygiene standards through regular hand washing and use of hand sanitiser.
- The Studio Tour will continue to operate with a one-way system in place.
- Our toilet facilities will be open with additional hygiene measures in place.
- Upon arrival at the Studio Tour, all visitors including children will be temperature checked using a contactless thermometer arch as a condition of entry. Any visitors registering an elevated temperature (38 degrees or above) and their party will, as a precaution, be refused entry to the Studio Tour to ensure the safety of our visitors and colleagues. In this situation your booking will be rescheduled.
- We recommend checking your temperature before leaving home as an extra precaution and ask you not to travel to the Studio Tour if you or anyone in your party feel unwell. If you are unable to travel, please contact us and we’ll look to reschedule your visit, subject to availability.
Frequently Asked Questions
I have tickets for later in the year but we’re not able to travel internationally. Can I cancel my booking?
I have tickets but am unable to attend due to having to self-isolate, can I cancel my booking?
Do I need to show a negative Covid-19 test result or proof of vaccination to enter the Studio Tour?
I am exempt from wearing a face covering, can I still visit the Studio Tour?
Yes, only visitors without exemptions will be required to wear a face covering during their visit.
What is considered an appropriate face covering?
All visitors, aged 11 and up, will be required to wear a face covering while visiting the Studio Tour. All face coverings must cover the nose and mouth and fit securely around the side of the face. A face visor or shield is not a suitable face covering to gain entry to the Studio Tour. Face coverings can be removed while seated in one of our cafés.
Will the shuttle bus be running? And will it be as frequent as before?
The shuttle bus service will be operating as normal throughout the day. Enhanced cleaning will take place regularly and we encourage visitors to use the hand sanitiser provided when boarding. All visitors are asked to use cashless payment methods.
Will all parts of the Studio Tour be open?
Yes, all areas of the Studio Tour will be open.
Will the green screen photo opportunities be open?
Our green screen photo opportunities are open as normal with enhanced cleaning in place. Visitors may remove face coverings while taking photos in these areas.
Will you be taking contact details?
All visitors are encouraged to register their details when visiting the Studio Tour using the NHS Covid-19 App. In line with Government guidance, this is no longer required as a condition of entry.
Can I still get Butterbeer?
Yes, Butterbeer will still be served in our Backlot Café.
Can I shop before and after my tour?
The Studio Shop is available to access after your Studio Tour. Due to the one-way system in place, it is currently not possible to visit the shop before your allocated time slot.
Can I pay with cash at the Studio Tour?
Will wheelchairs/stools be available to use for those with additional needs? How will they be sanitised?
Yes, wheelchairs and stools will still be available for those visitors with additional needs. They will be thoroughly cleaned between each use and stored securely.