BEHIND THE SEAMS
Available on selected dates only
The Making of Harry Potter – Behind the Seams experience will allow you to discover first-hand the spellbinding secrets of the Costume Department that created over 25,000 unique items of clothing for the Wizarding World.
From initial sketches to the finished costume seen on screen, our tour experts will reveal the behind-the-scenes journey that brought your favourite characters to life. Discover how new clothes were made to look centuries old or battle-torn with the help of paint, mud and wire brushes, how magical snail trails were created on your favourite Herbology Professor’s robes and why Aunt Marge needed 38 costumes for just one scene.
Presented in a workshop environment, you’ll be the first to see up close exclusive costumes never-before-seen at the Studio Tour including those belonging to beloved Herbology Professor Sprout, Triwizard champion Cedric Diggory and even the flowing robes of Lord Voldemort himself, distressed from the Battle of Hogwarts. You will also receive the exclusive opportunity to choose your house colours and wear an original Hogwarts robe which appeared on screen in the Harry Potter film series.
Behind the Seams sessions are available every weekend from 24th July to 30th December and during school holidays; 25th July – 2nd September and 29th October – 2nd November. Tickets are priced at £65 for adults & £55 for children including entrance to the Studio Tour and a Behind the Seams session. Tickets are available for Studio Tours starting at 10:00am, 11:30am, 1:00pm and 3.30pm. The Behind the Seams session will take place during your Studio Tour. Simply meet a member of staff at the designated meeting point within the Tour who will escort you to the session. Following the experience you will re-join the Tour to continue from where you left.
The content of Behind the Seams is not tailored towards younger children; we would therefore recommend the session for children aged 12 years or older. Behind the Seams will be presented in English and lasts up to one hour. Carer tickets are free and are available by contacting the Visitor Services Team on 0345 084 0900.
Please note Behind the Seams experience timings below against your Studio Tour entry ticket time.
09.00 ENTRY TICKET TIME (JULY ONLY)
- 9.00 Studio Tour begins
- 10.15 Meet beside Malfoy Manor
- 10.30 Behind the Seams session begins
- 11.30 Behind the Seams session ends, Studio Tour continues
10.00 ENTRY TICKET TIME
- 10.00 Studio Tour begins
- 11.15 Meet beside Malfoy Manor
- 11.30 Behind the Seams session begins
- 12.30 Behind the Seams session ends, Studio Tour continues
10.30 ENTRY TICKET TIME (JULY ONLY)
- 10.30 Studio Tour begins
- 11.45 Meet beside Malfoy Manor
- 12.00 Behind the Seams session begins
- 13.00 Behind the Seams session ends, Studio Tour continues
11.30 ENTRY TICKET TIME
- 11.30 Studio Tour begins
- 12.45 Meet beside Malfoy Manor
- 13.00 Behind the Seams session begins
- 14.00 Behind the Seams session ends, Studio Tour continues
13.00 ENTRY TICKET TIME
- 13.00 Studio Tour begins
- 14.15 Meet beside Malfoy Manor
- 14.30 Behind the Seams session begins
- 15.30 Behind the Seams session ends, Studio Tour continues
13.30 ENTRY TICKET TIME (JULY ONLY)
- 13.30 Studio Tour begins
- 14.45 Meet beside Malfoy Manor
- 15.00 Behind the Seams session begins
- 16.00 Behind the Seams session ends, Studio Tour continues
15.30 ENTRY TICKET TIME
- 15.30 Studio Tour begins
- 16.45 Meet beside Malfoy Manor
- 17.00 Behind the Seams session begins
- 18.00 Behind the Seams session ends, Studio Tour continues